Thank you for putting your faith in Engagement Builder. Keeping your personal information secure is a serious responsibility, and we want you to understand how we handle it.
You own your data. Adding tweets, responses, likes, or any other data to Engagement Builder has no effect on the ownership or copyright status of that content. We do not sell or use your information for advertising purposes.
We collect the bare minimum of personal information required to provide the Engagement Builder services to you, and we do so only with your permission.
We do not disclose your personal information to anyone unless required by law to protect our rights.
We do not share any personally identifiable information with third-party services; we use third-party services to securely host your data; the data is encrypted in transit and cannot be accessed by these providers.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, as well as disclosure of personal information when you use our Services (the https://engagementbuilder.com website), as well as the options you have regarding that data.
Your data is used to provide and improve the Services. You agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy by using the Services.
Services: Engagement Builder services include the https://engagemetbuilder.com website, our blog, mobile websites, and all types of services that we offer.
Personal Information: Personal information is information about a living person who can be identified using that information (either from the data in our possession or data that be in our possession).
Usage Data: Usage Data is information gathered automatically through the use of the Services, for example, the number of replies.
Cookies: cookies are small files stored on your device(s).
Content: Text, likes, replies, mentions, retweets, and other user-generated content that is not your Personal Information that you create using Engagement Builder.
Data Processors: Any natural or legal person who processes data on behalf of the Data Controller is referred to as a Data Processor (or Service Provider). In order to process your data more efficiently, we may employ the services of various Service Providers.
User: any living person who is the subject of Personal Information and uses our Services is the User or Data Subject
What personal information do we collect and why
We only gather personal information, usage data, and cookie data when you volunteer it to us or when information about you is obtained automatically when you use the Services. We gather data in the following categories:
We may ask you to provide us with personally identifying information that can be used to contact or identify you while using the Service. Email address, first and last name, company name, phone number, cookies, and usage statistics are examples of personally identifiable information.
We may contact you with newsletters, marketing, or promotional materials that may be of interest to you based on your Personal Information. You can, of course, unsubscribe from any or all of them at any time by clicking an unsubscribe link.
When you use Engagement Builder, your browser automatically communicates information with us, such as your operating system and browser version. For statistical purposes such as conversion rates and to test new designs, we track that information, as well as the pages you visit, page load timing, time spent on pages, and which website referred you. We may track specific clicks to assist with design decisions, such as how many times you used the search functionality in Engagement Builder. These site analytics data are associated with your IP address and, if relevant, your user account, while you are logged into our Services. You can always choose not to share your usage data.
Information that is not collected
We do not collect any privileged personal information, such as age, religion, sexual orientation, gender, genetic information, or physical or mental limitations.
Use of data
We will only use your personal information if there is a legal basis for it and it is absolutely necessary. Consent, contractual need, our legitimate interests, or when we have a legal obligation are all legal reasons for processing.
We may use the information we gather for the following purposes:
- To give Engagement Builder to you and keep the service running
- To keep you up to date on changes to the Services
- To provide assistance to customers
- To collect data on how the Services are used in order to enhance it.
- To keep track of how the Services are being used, as well as to discover and avoid technical difficulties.
- To keep you informed about changes to the Services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights under any contracts we may have with you, including billing and collection.
- To send you account and/or subscription-related communications, such as expiration and renewal notices, email instructions, and so on.
- For any other reason for which you give your approval when you send the information
- To look into, prevent, or intervene in cases of abusive behavior.
- When appropriate law requires it
You have complete control over your content. Creating content in Engagement Builder does not change the content’s ownership. EngagementBuilder does not and will never claim ownership of Content created by you, or for which you have genuine rights to use Content created by someone else.
Other Engagement Builder users can not see your content unless you give them access to your account.
We will only access or utilize your Content to offer you customer help, such as when you specifically grant us access to specific content during a customer support request. When legally required to do so by law enforcement or government agencies, or to ensure the stability and security of our Services. Where necessary to safeguard your, our, or others’ rights, privacy, property, or safety.
Personal information security
We care about the security of your information, but keep in mind that no method of Internet transmission or electronic storage is completely safe. While we make every effort to employ commercially reasonable procedures to protect your Personal Data and Content, we cannot guarantee its total security. We accept no liability for unauthorized disclosure to the greatest degree permitted by applicable law.
If we become aware of a security system breach, we shall try to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services or sending you an email.
Location of the site and the data
Engagement Builder operates from Italy and from the European Union. Whenever possible our servers and third-party providers are located in the European Union.
Data retention time
Personal data must be processed and retained for the duration necessary for the purpose for which they were gathered.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the User and the Data processor shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Data processor’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Data processor within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Data processor.
When the User has given agreement to such processing, the Data processor may be allowed to retain the data for a longer period as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Data processor may be obligated to retain the data for a longer period of time in order to fulfill a legal requirement or to comply with an authority’s mandate.
The data must be erased once the retention period has expired. As a result, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification, and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after the retention period has expired.
Data access, update and delete
If you already have an account with us, you can view, update, change, or delete your basic user profile information by logging in and altering your profile settings.
You may also request a copy of, correct, or delete any data we have on file for you on Engagement Builder. You can do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Unless your request is repeated or plainly excessive, we will take reasonable steps to comply with it within a reasonable timeframe.
We may then need to obtain particular information from you to authenticate your identity. We do this as a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to anybody who does not have the right to it.
Your rights under GDPR
If you live in the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights under GDPR, which are available at:
We take reasonable steps to provide you with the ability to correct, modify, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you want to know what Personal Data we have on file for you and have it erased, please contact us at email@example.com.
You are entitled to the following data protection rights:
- the ability to access, amend, or delete the information Engagement Build has on file for you;
- the right to be corrected. You have the right to have your information corrected if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- the ability to object. You have the right to object to our use of your Personal Information.
- the restriction right You have the right to ask us to limit the processing of your personal information.
- the right to portability of data You have the right to have a copy of your Personal Information delivered to you in a structured, machine-readable, and frequently used format.
- the right to revoke consent You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time if we rely on it to handle your personal data.
Before responding to such requests, we will require you to provide at least two pieces of personally-identifying information. Before proceeding, we will require written approval with a signature from the account holder if an authorized agent is corresponding on your behalf. Please keep in mind that if certain necessary data is prohibited, we may be unable to deliver the Services. If you live in the EU, you may find out who your specific authority is to make a complaint or learn more about GDPR at https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members en.
We use service providers to provide the Service to you.
They have access to your personal information only in limited circumstances that allow them to perform certain activities on our behalf, such as identifying your account using your email address, and are under no obligation to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We have GDPR-compliant data processing agreements in place with the following processors:
- Google Firebase (US) https://firebase.google.com/ – cloud infrastructure provider with European servers
- Render (US) https://render.com/ – host solution provider with European servers
- Sendgrid (US) https://mailchimp.com – Provider of transactional and marketing email, with servers across North America
- Posthog (US) https://posthog.com/ – Open source platform for product analytics
Our Services and content hosted by Engagement Builder users contain connections to third-party websites that are not maintained by us. When you click on a weblink, you will be taken to the third party’s website. We recommend that you read the Privacy Policies of every website you visit.
Our Service is not intended for anybody under the age of 13 (“Children”) or any other age required by local legislation.
We do not collect personally identifying information from children under the age of 18. Please contact us if you are a parent or guardian and are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Information. If we learn that we collected Personal Information from children without parental agreement, we take steps to erase that information from our servers.
How to contact us