If you’re on Twitter, especially if you’re on tech Twitter, you can see new tools being published daily. A lot of those tools are strictly Twitter-related, while others are more generic. Intentionally growing an audience is a job like any other. You need all help you can get. We have compiled a list of 5 tools that will help you grow Twitter audience in less time and with better results.
We had several rules while choosing those tools:
- It has to be made by someone who is active on Twitter (we need to support each other, right?)
- It has to be affordable to as many people as possible (not everyone lives in the first world countries like US or Germany)
- It has to be on the market and out of beta (otherwise, we don’t know if it’s validated)
- It has to have a free trial or free plan (so you can test it)
Improve consistency with scheduling
Sometimes you feel inspired and you can write 20 tweets in as many minutes. Sometimes you can’t write a single tweet for the life of you.
There are times when you have time to write for 2 hours, but there are also times when you can’t even open Twitter.
The unwritten rule says that if you want to grow Twitter audience or any kind of social audience, you have to be consistent, persistent, and show up any day. But, with everyday life, it’s not an easy task.
This is where scheduling tools come in handy.
If anything there are more than enough scheduling tools out there. It was a really hard decision, to pick one, but we chose ThreadStart.io.
The reasons why we picked ThreadStart are:
- Felix Scholz, the creator, is really active on Twitter for a very long time.
- It’s really affordable and probably the best value for a buck on the current market
- It’s on the market for more than a year and it has really active customers
- It has a free trial and then it has a free plan. So, the best of both worlds.
Other than those 4 reasons we also picked ThreadStart.io because it has very nice and intuitive UI, good UX and very good, if not excellent, customer support.
Take control over your time on Twitter
Twitter UI and UX are horrendous. Especially when you have to deal with a more significant number of notifications.
It takes a lot of time and effort to answer all replies and mentions. Also a lot of patience. More so, if you’re looking to grow Twitter audience and you want to maximize every single number.
Often when you deal with a lot of replies, when your tweet goes (semi)viral, you have hard time finding the last answered tweet.
That’s where engagement tools come in. There are several solutions. Most of them are part of a larger solution. E.g. a tool offers a scheduler as the main feature, but they added an engagement tab as a feature. Usually, those solutions are not exactly what you’re looking for, but they’re far better than Twitter.
The winner of this section is Engagement Builder and here is why:
- It’s the only tool out there that is solely focused on improving the engagement experience, increasing productivity, and offering loads of different features to improve your engagement and engagement on your own content
- It has two founders and both of them are pretty active on Twitter. EmmeMaker is the technical co-founder, while Amer Sikira is the sales and marketing co-founder
- It is affordable and often offers some discounts. Also, owners are pretty open to helping you even more if you’re coming from a third-world country
- It has both a free trial and a free plan
In order to grow Twitter audience, you have to engage, a lot. There is really, no other way. Engagment Builder will definitely give you control over the time you spend on Twitter and help you with the outcome of your effort.
If you want to learn more about engaging on Twitter, you can read the most thorough article on Twitter engagement here.
Grow Twitter audience with amazing visuals
One of the hardest things on social media is gaining the attention of other people. We are bombarded with billions of different pieces of information every day, and it’s really hard to stand out.
One of the easiest ways to stand out is to create awesome visuals. But visuals take time. Also, professional-looking visuals are great for products, but not so much for personal use.
That’s why we would recommend using some tools that will help you create nice-looking visuals in as little time as possible.
For this we choose TinyKiwi. It fulfills all of the requirements:
- Yossi Segev is really active on Twitter where he shares his buildinpublic journey.
- It is one of the most affordable tools in this niche
- It is on the market and has users
- It has a free trial and a free plan
Other than those requirements, TinyKiwi is super easy to use with awesome prebuilt style templates. You can have your visual ready in only a couple of minutes.
Also, you don’t need to have a crash course on how to use it or design knowledge.
Be aware of trends
Even though it’s not popular to say this, but if you want to grow Twitter audience you have to know what’s trending on Twitter in your niche. Not only in terms of topics, but in terms of formats.
It’s really important to be aware of those trends. If you know what’s trending in your, you know where you should put your focus.
Or, if you don’t have the inspiration you can use those trending tweets and turn them into your own tweets with the copy-edit-paste technique (you can learn more about techniques for writing engaging tweets here).
The best tool to achieve this is Twemex. It’s one of the most popular tools among big accounts. It really checks all the boxes on our requirements list:
- Geoffrey Litt, Twemex creator, is active on Twitter
- The tool is completely free
- It’s long time on the market and has really proven track record
- It’s completely free
You can use Twemex in two different states/ways. The first one is on your feed. In that case, it shows you the most popular tweets from people you follow. Or, you can use it inside someone’s profile. In this state, it shows you the most popular tweets from that profile.
Share code snippets like a PRO
One of the most active communities on Twitter is the tech community. People in this community often share code snippets and little tips&tricks, some problems they have faced, or just to show off.
But sharing plain code is not beautiful. Unfortunately in the sea of information, “ugly” information usually is lost.
In order to make your code snippets more appealing you can use some of the apps that make beautiful, or interesting, screenshots of those snippets. Like these two.
These two snippets were created with a tool called Snappify. This tool is like photoshop for your code snippets. It ticks all checkboxes on our lists and more.
- Dominik Sumer and Anki are two amazing and active members of tech Twitter and indie maker communities on Twitter
- With starting price of $5 a month, it’s more than affordable
- It has been long time on the market and has huge user base
- It has free trial and freemium plan
The best thing about this tool is that the only limit is your imagination.
Optimize your profile and increase conversions
Once you start your journey on Twitter you think that all you need to do, in order to grow Twitter audience, is to tweet. Usually, a lot.
As soon as you spend some time there you realise that there is much more to Twitter than purely tweeting.
One of the most important things that you should do is to create an attractive profile on Twitter.
Usually, it’s not easy and most of the time it’s a guessing game. Why a guessing game? Because it’s really hard to know whether your changes did something or your recent tweet, that got more likes than usual. When you’re on a mission to grow Twitter audience, every click counts, right?
Now, there is a tool even for that. It’s called Birdy. Similar to Engagement Builder it’s one of a kind tool.
Birdy helps you A/B test your profile changes, to remove usual guesswork. It also has scored full points on our list of requirements.
- Maxime Dupre is a super active member of Twitter, especially the indie maker community
- It’s quite affordable
- It has been on the market and has paying users
- It has freemium plan and free trial plan
In order to grow Twitter audience you will need all the help you can get. Because it is really time-consuming and hard job. Some tools can help you decrease that pressure from you and even boost your numbers.
- Schedule your tweets with tools like threadstart.io
- Take control over your time on Twitter while engaging with more people than ever by using Engagement Builder
- Maximize your reach by creating awesome visuals with TinyKiwi.
- Follow Twitter trends and more with Twemex
- If you’re dev looking to grow Twitter audience then Snappify is a must
- Don’t waste your time on guesswork. Optimize your profile with Birdy.
You can try Engagement Builder NOW for FREE by clicking here.